National Park “SUTJESKA”
JEEP, PHOTO SAFARI AND HIKING – Rainforest Perućica
“Sutjeska” was established in 1962, and covers 17.250ha: basin of the Sutjeska river, parts of mountain Maglic (the highest peak in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2.386 masl), Volujak 2.336 masl, Vucevo 1.862 masl and Zelengora 2.014 masl.
Except historical values, this area is characterized by exceptional natural values and beauty that is reflected in different forms of landscape – from meek valley, dense forest complexes, across mountain pastures up to the high rocky and richly reared mountain massifs.
JEEP AND PHOTO SAFARI:
to feel the compound of adrenaline and adventure or to enjoy in magic of untouched nature; to feel peace, silence and serenity instead of traffic and noise in the cities; to forget relentless pace of modern life and enjoy in beauty of mountains and rural idyllic landscape…
- Camp „Sastavci“, 434 masl, morning coffee and breakfast till 09:00
- Leaving camp around 09:30
- Driving in jeeps and vans for one and a half or two hours;
- Tour of the biggest rainforest in Europe ,,Perucica”, with magnificent view on waterfall Skakavac high 81m;
- Continuation of journey to the Prijevor. 1.668 masl, from where you have a beautiful view on Volujak, Zelengora, Maglic…
- Easy walk, picking up forest fruits and herbs;
- A break for lunch package;
- On the Prijevor you have tour to nomadic settlement (katun), going to Tjentiste and visiting memorial monument from World War II visiting the biggest open pool in Europe (free time for swimming and coffee);
- Returning back to camp in evening hours.